Another blog blizzard
I had a blast through the blog reader recently, and whittled it down, knocking away huge chunks of debris. Here is a selection of what caught my eye as worth considering a little more.
- Al Mohler addresses evangelical discernment and The Shack, the idolatry of youth, children’s online existence, and the importance of preaching.
- Steve Weaver posts a series of links to articles by Michael Haykin in Reformation & Revival, most addressing aspects of Baptist history.
- Trevin Wax assesses the state of the blogosphere.
- Euan Murray explains why rugby takes second place to true religion.
- Kevin DeYoung laments the fetid pool of self-promotion, as well as offering three posts on writing that are insightful. He also reminds us (saw this ages ago, still funny) of the sort of counselling that I think some pastors are sometimes tempted to:
- Iain D. Campbell points us to advice on how not to be a missionary.
- The Resurgence suggests that we identify passion builders and stealers and strategies to deal with them.
- Justin Taylor offers: Sunday’s comin’; suggestions for initiating gospel conversations; Plantinga’s beautifully and biblically balanced thoughts on the redeemed life; some perspectives on depression and medicine; thoughts on evangelical biblical illiteracy; and, ambition for evangelical academics.